[rescue] The Age of Things [was: Re: my point]

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Jun 26 20:39:47 CDT 2002

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:47:02PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
>> shel at cmhcsys.com writes:
>>
>> >A lot of stuff is much older than you think; Farnsworth's first patents on
>> >television are from 1927.  People had car phones in the early 50s, etc.
>>
>> A friend of mine wants to start a neighborhood pirate radio station.
>> I want to set aside a half hour a week for a mechanical TV broadcast...

>Mechanical TV broadcast?  You shoot tape at factories the play it?

Well, we'll either have to find & restore a couple of original
mechanical TV sets, or build new ones. Actually, what I *really*
want to do is Vector TV.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----