[rescue] It Figures...

Jeffrey Sharp lists at subatomix.com
Tue Jun 25 02:35:21 CDT 2002

On Monday, June 24, 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> I'm still stuck with that useless /dev/sd*s1[a-h] device name.

Ever heard of mv? ln?

> forgive me, but I don't want to have to go back and change years of
> accumulated scrips procedures just to accomodate someone elses stupid idea
> of how things should work.

Sounds like your scripts are pretty damn brittle...

> If I wanted this crap, I would run L****.

Why would you run L****? The 'crap' of which you speak is a FreeBSD feature,
not a L**** feature, so if you wanted it, you would probably be more
satisfied if you ran FreeBSD. That way, you'd have what you wanted, instead
of something else.

Hey, I want a Big Mac. I know, I'll go to Pizza Hut.

--
Jeffrey Sharp