[rescue] It Figures...

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Jun 25 18:49:32 CDT 2002

> > I'm still stuck with that useless /dev/sd*s1[a-h] device name.
> Ever heard of mv? ln?

Problem already solved, just hack the OS back to what one wants...
<snip>

> > If I wanted this crap, I would run L****.
>
> Why would you run L****? The 'crap' of which you speak is a FreeBSD
> feature, not a L**** feature, so if you wanted it, you would probably be
> more satisfied if you ran FreeBSD. That way, you'd have what you wanted,
> instead of something else.

Except the crap of which I speak is not a feature, it's an intentionally-
introduced defect.  Only M$ would call one of those a feature.
and I don't want it, so I "fixed" the defect.
I'm just complaining about having to go to more effort to "fix" something
that they "broke".  I mean, it USED to work correctly.

> Hey, I want a Big Mac. I know, I'll go to Pizza Hut.
no more like going to Pizza Hut for a pizza and finding out that they only
serve hamburgers now, but didn't bother to change the name to "burger hut".

George