[rescue] Re: Favorite Terminals

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 24 19:44:56 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:
>
> > If you're feeling retro, actual vt100s are keen.
>
> I've used a vt100.  They're a big large.  The main thing I like about my
> vt420 is that it's tiny and lightweight, yet very legible at 132x48.
> Also, the integrated keyboard on the vt100 is a bit of a bummer.

I thought my vt100/102 (I have 1-2 of each in working order, except that
the fuse cap on one is missing) had removable keyboards. They're huge
things, make IBM PC keyboards look light, but they are detachable. 1/4"
headphone-style plug and all.

I remember waiting to get onto the two VT125s in the computer lab to play
football on the PDP-11/44 at school. I think it was 125, or maybe 131.
They went into 132 column mode and lost the bottom 40% of the screen or
something, but it was fun.

I have some 420s, and some 2x0s (one of the model with the base and
separate monitor--even have the modem in it--and a couple of the monitor
unit with lk201 keyboard). I like the 420s. Used to sell the vt510 in its
Dorio avatar for point of sale stations.

--Rob