[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 24 19:19:17 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:

> If you're feeling retro, actual vt100s are keen.

I've used a vt100.  They're a big large.  The main thing I like about my
vt420 is that it's tiny and lightweight, yet very legible at 132x48.
Also, the integrated keyboard on the vt100 is a bit of a bummer.

> There's a killer "portrait mode" text terminal that does something
> like 80x60, called "Ann Arbor" I think?

That would rock.  80x60 with rectangular character cells would be very,
very nice.  I'd sort of like to standardize on something all across the
house.

Maybe black-and-white Xterms (Sun ELCs!) would be easier... :)

--Jonathan