[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 17:56:10 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 15:39, George Adkins wrote:

> Okay Son,  Slow down a bit...
> Before you kick into this line of comment, you've been doing this since
> Ninteen-Seventy when?

77 or 78 actually.

> Yes, Dave is an 'Arrogant Bastard(tm)' but he usually does know what he's
> talking about.

You'll forgive me if I remain skeptical until I see evidence to the
contrary.

He may indeed be smart, and he may indeed be talented.  But he's got the
manners of a billy goat.

> Tell you what,  I'll give your argument serious consideration when you can
> pull the "Video Card' out of one of those Pee-Cees and boot it headless...

That's not a problem.

>From a Tape Drive...

Ninteen-Seventy when indeed.  Welcome to the 21st century.

Though that is still not a problem.