[rescue] RE: my point

Andrew Howat Andrew.Howat at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 14:47:43 CDT 2002

>Artists have been managing to use Irix for a long time now.  I see no
>reason why non-artists wouldn't be able to handle it either.
>
>--
>Joshua D. Boyd

depends on the person doesn't it. This is what I'm saying. Each computer is
horses-for-courses. It's like with cars. Some people want automatic, others
drive manual. Each person has their own preference, their own reason for
doing so. Maybe it's familiarity (like the reason I'm giving to Red Hat for
why students probably won't take up linux despite the stability, cheapness
and availability of programs.) Maybe it's stubborn-ness. Maybe it's price.
Maybe it's being happy with what you've got and seeing no need to progress -
people still use electronic typewriters, don't they? lol :)
There's hundreds of reasons.

It's not black and white - a case of bad x86 and good Suns; it's a case of
what people actually want. Don't make me start talking like Scott Adams
about induhviduals and how being a geek is sexy... lol

Andrew