[rescue] enough of the childish pedantry (was PeeCee Vs UNIX playground antics)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 13:20:08 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 07:14:11PM +0100, Andrew Howat wrote:

> PCs do their job. Mine does. It lets me write my java, it sends my email and
> it browseth the web. It doesn't require trawls on ebay for obscure parts. It
> crashes, but then it's a PC. Macs die (i've managed to kill a mac easily
> hehehe), Linux core-dumps, get over it. But the point is: for what I paid
> for my PC, I could have got a headless blade 100. Maybe even my free
> competition prize 19" taxan monitor would work with it. And my parents may

i paid less for my SGI Octane that my brother paid for his POS eMachines
el-cheapo machine.  it runs CIRCLES around that poor excuse for a machine.
and it NEVER crashes.  did i mention it's fast as all get-out?  cause it is.

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --