[rescue] but mr. bill.. & 2)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Jun 24 12:44:16 CDT 2002

http://www.sunhelp.org/images/misc/workpics/tn/suns.jpg.html

they're not arranged by height !?!?!!!!!!!

Les

PS.. did you see this.. you might be knowledgeable..:

--__--__--

Message: 3
From: "Darryl Pace" <datpace at earthlink.net>
To: <sunmanagers at sunmanagers.org>
Subject: E5500 re-racking
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:29:54 -0400

I am re-posting the question below just to make sure that I get the
maximum number of responses.  I posted it late last Friday, so I'm not
sure it received as much exposure as it will today.  Thank you to those
that have responded.  I will send out a summary soon.

Here's the question:

      We are preparing to move our E5500 to a collocation facility.  We
would like to remove the 5500 from its Sun rack and place it in the
standard 19-inch racks that are provided at the collocation site (we
will save a lot of money if we go this route rather than placing the
5500 intact in a cage).  Can we remove the 5500 from its Sun rack?  I
see no reason why not.  It seems that we could remove the computer from
the Sun cabinet, get a rack-mount kit for an E4500, get air baffles, and
re-rack the unit in a rack at the collo-site.  However, I'd like to have
the expert opinions of those on this list.  Please let me know if this
is possible, and please relay any potential issues I should be aware of.
      Thank you for your help.

Darryl