[rescue] CompUSA broadband "router"

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 22 05:26:57 CDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 01:06:20AM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Mr. Bill I am disappointed.  Who woulda thunk such an ubergeek would
> pimp such hardware?
> When so many people are throwing first gen pentiums in the trash (I have
> a full basement to attest to that fact), and 10/100 ethernet cards going
> for $10 a pop, a superior firewall/nat box can be made for about $20.
> You still need the ethernet ports for your secure side network, but I
> think anyone on this list would probably already have those in
> abundance.

I have better things to do with my time than throw together old crappy
*PC* hardware to do NAT for my network.  Its much easier to just buy a
cheap box thats actually designed to do it, plug everything in, and turn
it on.

Some people may enjoy spending a day or just an entire afternoon setting
such a thing up, but not me... at least not lately, with the other two
members of our sysadmin team at work on vacation or out this weekend..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net