[rescue] CompUSA broadband "router"

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Jun 22 00:06:20 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 21:48, Bill Bradford wrote:
> CompUSA now has a store-brand "broadband router" with built-in
> 4-port 10/100baseT switch, for $59.95.

Ewww.

Mr. Bill I am disappointed.  Who woulda thunk such an ubergeek would
pimp such hardware?

When so many people are throwing first gen pentiums in the trash (I have
a full basement to attest to that fact), and 10/100 ethernet cards going
for $10 a pop, a superior firewall/nat box can be made for about $20.
You still need the ethernet ports for your secure side network, but I
think anyone on this list would probably already have those in
abundance.