[rescue] Any TeXperts?

Guy Yasko gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp
Fri Jun 21 20:33:41 CDT 2002

    Scott> Three questions:

    Scott> 1.  Has anyone seen an 'lcd' looking font, like you'd see
    Scott> on a cheap character mode display?  Not a seven segment as
    Scott> seen on a digital watch--instead, think 5x7 matrix,
    Scott> alphanumeric, with no true descenders.

no.  perhaps someone else has, though.  i hope you're not going to
print anything with that font on paper.

    Scott> 2.  Someone (lost the email) mentioned that they had worked
    Scott> up a spiffy makefile to build their TeX projects.  I'd
    Scott> appreciate it if whoever had that would shoot it at me!

it wasn't me.

    Scott> 3.  Is there something better I should be looking at?  I'm
    Scott> enjoying LaTeX so far, but I'm just getting started.  In
    Scott> the end, I'd love to be able to generate both pdf output
    Scott> files and some kind of decent looking html as well.
    Scott> Documents will mostly be short (5-10 pages, max)
    Scott> instruction guides, customized for individual installation.

tth works well for latex > html conversion.  i don't know how it would
work for your particular documents, but it's always worked pretty well
for mine.

finally, if you use emacs -- maybe even if you're not (just so long as
you're not an emacs hater) -- the auctex package makes writing latex
even easier than it already is.

Guy Yasko -- gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

Loni Anderson's hair should be LEGALIZED!!