[rescue] Any TeXperts?

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Fri Jun 21 22:26:40 CDT 2002

>    Scott> 1.  Has anyone seen an 'lcd' looking font, like you'd see
>    Scott> on a cheap character mode display?  Not a seven segment as
>    Scott> seen on a digital watch--instead, think 5x7 matrix,
>    Scott> alphanumeric, with no true descenders.
>
>no.  perhaps someone else has, though.  i hope you're not going to
>print anything with that font on paper.

That's exactly what I'd like to do.  Product uses a LCD module, so I think
it would stand out if the display examples in the docs used the same font
as on the hardware.  Fixed width, solid, block chars.  Ugly, to be sure.

>tth works well for latex > html conversion.  i don't know how it would
>work for your particular documents, but it's always worked pretty well
>for mine.

The documents won't be math heavy at all--just text and some tabular stuff,
maybe some images/vector drawings later on (if I can get all the file
formats lined out), so it shouldn't be an extremely difficult conversion.

>finally, if you use emacs -- maybe even if you're not (just so long as
>you're not an emacs hater) -- the auctex package makes writing latex
>even easier than it already is.

I'm pretty comfortable with Codewright, but I'll try and remember to
install emacs and give auctex a try.

newell