[rescue] best NetBSD support

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Jun 16 16:42:41 CDT 2002

> *Sigh* My complaint is not that the volunteers haven't jumpped up and "met my
> demands", it's that the (dis)organization of NetBSD developers produces a
> dozen half-baked ports and has the unmitigated gall to call the archetecture
> "supported" so that they can stick another feather in their cap...  and then
> run off to port it to the latest variety of Nintendo to hit the market.

A good example is the VAX port.  While it works on most systems,
it does damage VAXstation 4000/90s.  NetBSD/VAX on the 4000/90
should be explicitly disabled until this bug is fixed, but instead
the bug is still there, damaging 4000/90s.  I've even seen people
say that NetBSD runs on 4000/90s without mentioning the problem.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net