[rescue] best NetBSD support

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Jun 16 13:03:26 CDT 2002

> > Better Idea, how about *completing* support on any one of the currently
> > 'supported' arch's in which:
> > a. 'supported' = boots to single user (sometimes)
> > b. 'supported' = some variants of the machines, but not all (Sable &
> > Lynx) c. 'supported' = the machines, but not the peripheral bus (EISA or
> > MCA) d. 'supported' = console only, or 8 bit only...
> >
> > need I go on?
>
> I wish people would try to get one simple fact about free software
> through their thick skulls:

*Sigh* My complaint is not that the volunteers haven't jumpped up and "met my
demands", it's that the (dis)organization of NetBSD developers produces a
dozen half-baked ports and has the unmitigated gall to call the archetecture
"supported" so that they can stick another feather in their cap...  and then
run off to port it to the latest variety of Nintendo to hit the market.

So, Greg, which are you?  "Deep pockets", or a volunteer?  You seem pretty
defensive about this, are you one of those developers who orphans half-baked
software and contributes to making the whole "Free Software" community look
that much more like a bunch of rank amateurs?

George