[rescue] best NetBSD support

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sun Jun 16 11:23:29 CDT 2002

[ On Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 10:39:30 (-0400), George Adkins wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] best NetBSD support
>
> Better Idea, how about *completing* support on any one of the currently
> 'supported' arch's in which:
> a. 'supported' = boots to single user (sometimes)
> b. 'supported' = some variants of the machines, but not all (Sable & Lynx)
> c. 'supported' = the machines, but not the peripheral bus (EISA or MCA)
> d. 'supported' = console only, or 8 bit only...
>
> need I go on?

I wish people would try to get one simple fact about free software
through their thick skulls:  Free software is not something you can make
such demands of -- it does not care about market share.  Free software
is either built by volunteers, or built by paid programmers working on
some specific feature the person(s) with deep pockets desire.

So George, which are you?  "Deep pockets", or a volunteer?  If the
former then I've got dozens of projects on my todo list that you might
be interested in funding.  If the latter then which project are you
working on right now?  I'm sure you must be one or the other or you
wouldn't have spoken up with such an outcry!

--
								Greg A. Woods