[rescue] Sun 5.7 disk partion juggling

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Fri Jun 14 08:47:30 CDT 2002

> alone getting them to do another. The very Idea of sending them into single
> user mode over the phone to direct them is making me naseous....

OOoooohhh....   (or perhaps EEeeww...)
I understand completely.  editing a partition table by hand is about as close
to safe and foolproof as Brain Surgery.  Somehow I don't think these folks
spend the night at Holiday Inn Express...

If there was another machine you could get them to hook up serial-x-serial,
and there was enough space in other partitions for tar'ing the data to, I
(that's *me*... YMMV)  _might_ try doing it remotely...

George