[rescue] another U10 Q

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 31 08:55:52 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 03:49:57PM +0200, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> The board finally ended in my AS500/333 (which falled in love with it
> ;-), and I plugged my Tekram back into the U5, end of story.
>
> I also tried the opposite : Adaptec 2940-OF (yeah, the infamous Sun
> version) in a PowerMac 7500. Black screen, would not boot.
>
> So, yes, they both use OF. It simply seems there is many kind of OF.

The AS500 is an alpha, right?  Was the machine actually booting off of
it?  I didn't know that Alphas used OF.  Or maybe it just understood
the chipset and ignored the firmware.

As to the swapping scsi cards between mac and U5, and the various
OFs.  That kind of defeats the purpose of OF, doesn't it?

--
Joshua D. Boyd