[rescue] Update [was: Calling HP Laserjet experts]

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Jul 30 09:37:48 CDT 2002

>> the metal frame--probably where they dropped kicked it.  Hopefully I'll get
>> UPS to pay off on the damage.
>
>UPS self-insures, so any damage payments come out of their own pockets.
>So far as I can tell, any money you give to UPS as "insurance" is only
>useful if you end up taking them to court.

I've collected from 'em before.  Hopefully they won't give me too much lip,
especially considering they've had this package for three weeks.

More good news: the print quality is good (brand new toner cart), and the
test page shows a page count of 1800.  I suspect someone reset the counters
on it.  Bad news:  using the top output tray leads to a paper jam every
single time.  The 'out the back' tray works fine.  It looks as though the
lid isn't closing quite right, and the gear train is jumping teeth.

Seller is going to at least make good on the network card, so it's not a
total loss, yet.  I can tell that 2MB won't be enough, so now I've got to
also hunt down some 72 pin (parity?) simms.

newell