[rescue] Update [was: Calling HP Laserjet experts]

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Wed Jul 31 03:26:36 CDT 2002

Scott Newell wrote:
> More good news: the print quality is good (brand new toner cart), and the
> test page shows a page count of 1800.  I suspect someone reset the counters
> on it.  Bad news:  using the top output tray leads to a paper jam every
> single time.  The 'out the back' tray works fine.  It looks as though the
> lid isn't closing quite right, and the gear train is jumping teeth.

Before you do that, clean the rollers. I use something called "rubber renu"
that I bought from an electronics supply. You could also try 95% alcohol.
One of the few advantages of theis country is that 190 proof grain alcohol
is about $5 a bottle (750ml) (cheaper than rubbing alcohol).

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.