[rescue] Wow, 30k Graphics Card From Sun

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jul 27 14:03:11 CDT 2002

Here's an idea... anyone who can find one of the old Packard Bell tower
computers with the rounded forehead look... the one that looked like a
cross between an Art Deco Locomotive (those streamlined 30's rigs) and a
trash can... (like those cute Compaq toaster thingies in the purple
case)... should swipe one for me... we can fight the battle the opposite
direction by putting our caseless REAL computers into those cases and
painting and jazzing everything up.  I wanted one of those Packard Bells
to gut and put something nice in it just because the case looked kind of
cool.  (and we are doing it to get back at people ruining perfectly good
UNIX machines to stick a PEECEE inside)

Andrew

On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 08:53 AM, Matthew Haas wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 06:06:40PM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
>>> Am I the only one that remembers Packard Bell as the company making
>>> good, high quality 386 clones?
>>
>> What universe are YOU from?
>>

>  I do have to agree with Tim to a certain extent... those old Packard
> Bells, while they were a nightmare and a half to upgrade, were often a
> perfectly capable machine in their original configuration.
>
>  I knew many people who had no problems with the older machines and used
> them until they died (lightning, upgrade, or just PeeCee lifespan).
> But I
> also encountered their later machines and therefore the name is
> permanently
> and negatively etched in my mind...
>
> ---
>  Matthew Haas           Squirrel's Law #209203923: "Thou shalt ignoreth
>  Corning/Geneseo, NY       all RAM specifications, they're noo scottish"

-Andrew