[rescue] Wow, 30k Graphics Card From Sun

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Sat Jul 27 07:53:55 CDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 06:06:40PM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> > Am I the only one that remembers Packard Bell as the company making
> > good, high quality 386 clones?
>
> What universe are YOU from?

 I do have to agree with Tim to a certain extent... those old Packard
Bells, while they were a nightmare and a half to upgrade, were often a
perfectly capable machine in their original configuration.

 I knew many people who had no problems with the older machines and used
them until they died (lightning, upgrade, or just PeeCee lifespan). But I
also encountered their later machines and therefore the name is permanently
and negatively etched in my mind...

---
 Matthew Haas           Squirrel's Law #209203923: "Thou shalt ignoreth
 Corning/Geneseo, NY       all RAM specifications, they're noo scottish"