[rescue] Wow, 30k Graphics Card From Sun

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sat Jul 27 11:52:10 CDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 15:03:11 -0400
Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> Here's an idea... anyone who can find one of the old Packard Bell
> tower computers with the rounded forehead look... the one that looked
> like a cross between an Art Deco Locomotive (those streamlined 30's
> rigs) and a trash can... (like those cute Compaq toaster thingies in
> the purple case)... should swipe one for me... we can fight the battle
> the opposite direction by putting our caseless REAL computers into
> those cases and painting and jazzing everything up.  I wanted one of
> those Packard Bells to gut and put something nice in it just because
> the case looked kind of cool.  (and we are doing it to get back at
> people ruining perfectly good UNIX machines to stick a PEECEE inside)
>
> Andrew

UGH! have you ever worked on one of those cases?  They are worse to work
on than any machine I have ever opened.  You have to flip them upside
down to open them, they have nasty screw heads sticking out the bottom
that will tear up any desk you slike them on, the darn "cool changeable
color panels" are a PITA, and that is just the kneejerk reaction from
working on them years ago, which means they must be worse than that in
real life.

Tim