[rescue] All this talk of X Terminals has me wondering...

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sat Jul 27 13:24:05 CDT 2002

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de writes:

>On 27 Jul, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> Thats the SPARCCLassic X; there was also a castrated SS5 (no onboard
>> SCSI) sold as an X terminal.
>.... like the VXT1300, that was a VAXstation 3100 without SCSI / MFM /
>floppy controller... Interresting. I knew only the SPARCclassic X.

Yeah, but....

The VAXstation SCSI is a daughter card. VAXstations were sold
without it as well. The x-terminal version was just a different
ROM that decides to boot off a different kernel. If you want to,
you can get the VAX version to boot into the same X software.

The SS5 SCSI is on the motherboard. Making a different version
of the motherboard seems odd.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------