[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sun Jul 21 17:32:40 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:51:25 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> I had an '83 Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel with 485k on the clock.
> Replaced the muffler once, everything else was original and and in
> great condition.  Death was due to an idiot driver in a station wagon
> putting on makeup...

Not even a Volkswagen would last through that many winters here without
complete exhaust replacement in that much time, along with belts, hoses,
brake rotors, anything else that road salt attacks.  The German cars
seem to hold up the best, the Japanese the worst, but any good car will
outlast its body here.