[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jul 21 19:47:37 CDT 2002

"Tim H." wrote:
> Not even a Volkswagen would last through that many winters here without
> complete exhaust replacement in that much time, along with belts, hoses,
> brake rotors, anything else that road salt attacks.  The German cars
> seem to hold up the best, the Japanese the worst, but any good car will
> outlast its body here.

It was always garaged, driven a *long* way each time it was started, and the
service interval was reduced to 1500 miles (or 3 tankfulls of #2 heating oil,
whichever came first).  I also pressure washed it twice a week during the
winter to knock the salt off the undercarriage (twice a month in the summer).

I wish I still had that car...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster