[rescue] Getting SRM for Alphastation?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Jul 20 23:36:17 CDT 2002

> This look familiar:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=as200&start=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=6qt27n%249ii%40sf18.dseg.ti.com&rnum=28

That's been a while.  :-)

I realize I'd said EEPROMs, when the proper memory is,
as you found, flash.

> Unfortunately, searches for 28F020 and 28F020-120JC on www.jdr.com come
> up empty.  Though, with some help from Google, I found:
> http://www.futurlec.com/ICFLASH.html
>
> Is that what I'd need?

There's not any information on the package.  These need to be
PLCC.  Also, I think the manufacturer matters.  I can't remember
which ones are supported, though.

> Of course, this still doesn't get SRM on there, but it would be nice to
> have the ability to switch between SRM and ARC.

I do seem to remember that you have to perform another update
of both the SRM and ARC after upgrading the flash memory.  I
could just be thinking about the required update to load the
other image, though.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net