[rescue] Re: Tough sledding (SGI division) redux

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sat Jul 20 22:28:28 CDT 2002

this is a few days old now, and put to bed definitively, but I was just
remembering why I assumed in error about the Indigo2 SCSI situation.

These old Macs with two SCSI busses, I was remembering, do also have two
separate controllers. but only 7 IDs to use.. I cant rememer which was
which, but there was the Internal Bus and the External Bus, and one was
SCSI-1 5MB/s and one was SCSI-2 10MB/s. But only 7 IDs. Which means a
'controller' chip may not mean an indepandant bus.

Thats why I falsely assuemd the Indigo2 might be the same.