[rescue] Good-Bad Support Stories

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 11 12:11:30 CDT 2002

On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 12:14 PM, Leslie Connally wrote:

> Ten
> * Called Portmaster (B4 Lucent) Need a SW CD? docs, SW Radius SW.. Have
> two
> boxes? Here.. well send you two CDs...
>
> * Called Lantronix.. need a CD.. here. Have a problem?.. email us...
>
> * Ascend (B4 Lucent)  (used to be) ftp.ascend.com...EVERYTHING YOU
> NEED......

Much as I hate to say it I'll have to put parts of Microsoft in the 10
category.  Call them for a missing CD ... give license key or such... CD
sent... no-charge.  Called them with my ISBN number of my Cert training
book because I lost the CD... no questions asked... replacement CD
sent.  All I had to do was register the book once I got it.  I even
called once to get an activation key for Office (to make my 3rd install
of a single-use product... I figured I was safe because I was just
switching machines...they only asked... done).  I know better than to
call them for tech support, however... :-) (I could probably fix most of
their things better than their technicians....at least the first-line of
them)

-Andrew