[rescue] Good-Bad Support Stories

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 11 12:37:09 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:11:30PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Much as I hate to say it I'll have to put parts of Microsoft in the 10
> category.  Call them for a missing CD ... give license key or such... CD
> sent... no-charge.

Reminds me of something I did back when I was a betatester for BeOS.

I accidentally ran over my BeOS 5 CD-ROM with my chair.  I was in a crazy
mood, so I filed a bug report.

Problem: "CD-ROM media broken"
Cause: "CD-to-chair interface not adequate"
Solution: "Increase tensile strength of CD-ROM distribution media.
	   Send me another CD."

About a week later, I had another CD in the mail, with a handwritten
note, "dont run over this one"

8-)

Bill

--