[rescue] mac model performance

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 15:32:30 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:22:00PM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:

> Now, back to BSD on a ci.. I'm pretty surprised but really intriqued. Does
> xxxBSD support the cache card  with no problem?  but since a ci wont have
> more than.. 128 MB tops in most likelyhood, I cant imagine either that X
> would work.

I'd guess that X would probably work, but in a limited capacity.  Let
me see...

I see that IIci is listed for netbsd as fully working, meaning scsi
and the console are supported.  Onboard and nubus ethernet is
supported.  ADB, sound, and so on.

If linux support is the same, then one could at least use the
framebuffer console version of X.  I don't know if NetBSD has an equiv
fb console X or not, and I don't have the time to look for the exact
status of linux support.

> Does YDL run on a ci??

IIRC, YDL is PPC only.  I believe there is a packaging of Debian that
will work though.  There is also NetBSD.

--
Joshua D. Boyd