[rescue] mac model performance

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Wed Jul 10 15:22:00 CDT 2002

>   Hey, a BSD on a IIci is great! It's only a 68030, and uses that 30-pin
>memory, but it's got space for full-size cards and it's a nice rugged case.
>I ran NetBSD on one of these a long time ago and it weas just fine.  don't
>recall how well X worked, but is that what it's for? :7)

no fucking shit !?!  I  (anyone who ever had one) loved my IIci. My brother
in law is still using his as his fax machine. til recently, never had to
reset PRAM.. had ALOT of hours on it.

I think Apple should do like Mercedes-Benz.. give you a little plaque for
100,000  miles.. something nicer for 1,000,000

Now, back to BSD on a ci.. I'm pretty surprised but really intriqued. Does
xxxBSD support the cache card  with no problem?  but since a ci wont have
more than.. 128 MB tops in most likelyhood, I cant imagine either that X
would work.

Does YDL run on a ci??

Les

There are ALOT of abandoned IIcis in the world.. interesting cluster node
possibilities    ..hmmmmm