SAT Scores (was: [rescue] re: gps and mac&cheese, et al.)

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Jul 10 08:57:44 CDT 2002

James Lockwood wrote:

> UCD, late 80's/early 90's, around $500/quarter for a full (16 unit)
> courseload if I remember correctly.  Books were a major expense, of
> course.  I'm 27.

I don't remember paying more when I took a heavier load (26 units one
quarter with special permission from the Dean). I hate to admit it, but
I stole books when I couldn't afford them. I did put them back after the
courses, though. The UCLA bookstore was too easy. I used it like a
lending library.

> A quick check now shows that fees have risen to about $1500/quarter for
> residents.  That's still a bargain.  Heck, you couldn't find a cardboard
> box in Berkeley for that price.

True. $1500 now is probably the equivalent of the $500 you and I paid.

> I'd love to go back and go into vet. med someday when I have the time.
> As much as I enjoy working with computers, I can't see doing it for the
> rest of my life.

I can't see doing anything for the rest of my life. I'm ready for
retirement. Emotionally, anyway. Financially, I'm as stuck in the
workplace as the rest of the world.

---sambo