[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 08:53:11 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 11:50:53PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:

> I cannot stand any recent mouse I've tried.  The shapes feel uncomfortable
> and the button action seems off.  My favorite mouse of all time has to be
> the Sun type-5 optical set to 4800bps with teflon replacing the felt pads.
> The optomechanical 1986 Logitech is a close second.

What I would love to have would be a type -5 mouse, except using the
mechanics of todays optical mice.

But then, I can't decide about wheels.  On the one hand, wheels suck
for 3rd buttons (the original MS wheel mouse does not work properly
with SoftImage), but on the other hand, they are oh so nice for
browsing the buffer in a terminal window, web page reading, email
reading (although since I use mutt now it would be some trick to
support a wheel), and .ps and .pdf reading.  Ideally we could have both
a wheel and a proper 3rd button, but I'm not sure where one would
actually put the wheel then.

--
Joshua D. Boyd