[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 10 04:40:59 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:31:51AM +0200, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:
> James Lockwood wrote:
> > I find that my best Logitech is a made in the USA model from 1986.  The
> > later Taiwanese and Chinese versions just don't seem to have the same
> > build quality or tactile response.
> I prefer the ones that ship with new SGI-equipment. I suppose every
> manufacturer use Logitech mice now, since they all look the same.

I have the granite mouse on my main desktop and similiar white ones for
the others. They're quite fitting for my hand.
Most mice these day seem to narrow towards the buttons which I hate. I
like to lay down three fingers over the buttons and the rest two around
the mouse.

One little thing I did do was add some random small lump of metal
(forget what, maybe a few washers or something) to the hollow spot on
the rear end (where the tail is not :) to add a bit of weight. Feels
more stable to me.

Still I've been wondering if I could cheaply find some optical mice I
would like in here. Those new padless things. Seems like an inviting
concept.

(Aix is running fine on the latest rescue BTW. :)

--
I presented the idea of entropy informally recently as "when you put a frog
in a blender, the bits that are no longer frog".