SAT Scores (was: [rescue] re: gps and mac&cheese, et al.)

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jul 9 03:38:19 CDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, James Sharp wrote:
> I did take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude
> Battery...tests of "Real Life"...none of this "Can you read this
> paragraph and answer questions" shit) in HS, though.  Boy, did I piss
> off the valeDICKtorian when he found out I beat him by several marks.

that was one I never took. we did the olsat as a group, ACT independently,
and the graduation exam (which, in order not to be a hassle, was
administered in the 11th grade, so that you could have several chances to
pass it), IIRC. Someone once told me that if you aced the ASVAB, you could
go into military intelligence.

I wasn't one for the military, and I doubt I ever will be.