[rescue] WTB: sbus 10mbit ethernet NIC & 20A power cable

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jul 5 14:45:41 CDT 2002

On July 5, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >   Besides...The machine in question was listed as having been obtained
> > for the princely sum of $0.00.  While a certain good friend of mine
> > has a PeeCee that he paid nearly TEN THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS
> > for...for what application?  Video games.  *sigh*
>
> Man, the most I paid for a PC was $800.  3 times.  The first time my
> parents bought it for me.  The second time I didn't realize exactly
> how bad this was (and it was at least a linux machine).  The third
> time, I was really excited about BeOS and Atheos and want the cheapest
> SMP machine I could get.  And then, the costs of making said SMP
> machine work got quickly out of control and I ended up paying twice
> what I wanted to.

  BeOS.  *sigh*  The typical suit mentality, shades of NeXT.  "Hey
team players, let's touch base on this.  We have great hardware and
mediocre software.  Let's synergize with the corporate paradigm and
move forward by discontinuing our great hardware and porting our
mediocre software to PeeCees!"   *bzzt*, another failed company.

  Fucking morons.

> Anyway, that was enough for me.  BeOS is dead and Atheos isn't doing
> anything, and for pretty much everything else I could use a Mac, Sun,
> and SGI for.  I just haven't had a spare $800 to spare since I learned
> that leason with the SMP intel machine.

  Bravo!

    -Dave