[rescue] WTB: sbus 10mbit ethernet NIC & 20A power cable

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 5 14:49:52 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 03:45:41PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   BeOS.  *sigh*  The typical suit mentality, shades of NeXT.  "Hey
> team players, let's touch base on this.  We have great hardware and
> mediocre software.  Let's synergize with the corporate paradigm and
> move forward by discontinuing our great hardware and porting our
> mediocre software to PeeCees!"   *bzzt*, another failed company.

Depending on which generation you are talking about, I was under the
impression that the hardware was pretty mediocre (compared to other
real hardware, not when compared to PCs), but I really loved the OS.
Especially the file system.

Maybe that's what I'll do with my inadequately memoried PM6500.  Put
BeOS on it.  I'll have to check if it is supported when I get home
(see, I supported the company.  I have legitimate versions of BeOS 3
and 4, not to mention all the various revisions from 3.0 up to (but not
including) 5.0.  Surely one of those must support IDE macs.

--
Joshua D. Boyd