[rescue] WTB: sbus 10mbit ethernet NIC & 20A power cable

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 5 14:24:41 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 03:20:02PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Besides...The machine in question was listed as having been obtained
> for the princely sum of $0.00.  While a certain good friend of mine
> has a PeeCee that he paid nearly TEN THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS
> for...for what application?  Video games.  *sigh*

Man, the most I paid for a PC was $800.  3 times.  The first time my
parents bought it for me.  The second time I didn't realize exactly
how bad this was (and it was at least a linux machine).  The third
time, I was really excited about BeOS and Atheos and want the cheapest
SMP machine I could get.  And then, the costs of making said SMP
machine work got quickly out of control and I ended up paying twice
what I wanted to.

Anyway, that was enough for me.  BeOS is dead and Atheos isn't doing
anything, and for pretty much everything else I could use a Mac, Sun,
and SGI for.  I just haven't had a spare $800 to spare since I learned
that leason with the SMP intel machine.

--
Joshua D. Boyd