Apple Clones (was: [rescue] BMRT SGI)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Dec 13 18:55:45 CST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > Remember what he did to the Mac clone makers?
>
> Err, really?  My friend had a Laser 128 which was, as far as I could
> determine, exactly identical to my //c, except for the label.

And they both booted MacOS, right? ;)

FWIW, I always got noisier video output from a //c than from a Laser
128.  Other than that, they were pretty-much the same machines.  The
Laser was quite a bit larger, all the ones I came in contact with came
standard with a 3.5" external floppy drive.

Damn, but that platform had some of the neatest shareware games.
There's one in particular that I'm trying to remember.  It was on one of
those "whole buncha shareware monthly" or something floppies.  It was an
overhead-view dungeon game, impossibly difficult, and you couldn't save
(because saving is for weenies).  I don't remember much other than the
fact that it was split screen (left-side was view, right-side was
status) and had really impressive graphics for such an early system.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.