Apple Clones (was: [rescue] BMRT SGI)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 18:48:18 CST 2002

--- Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc at peecee.linuxweasel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 05:05:00PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo
> +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> > The leopard doesn't change its spots, and Jobs doesn't change his
> > tactics.  Remember what he did to the Mac clone makers?  Price
> > aside, they made better hardware than Apple.
>
> Err, really?  My friend had a Laser 128 which was, as far as I could
> determine, exactly identical to my //c, except for the label.

//c <> Mac

and what Jobs did to clone makers was horrible, he set up the clone
program, then, what 12 months later, tore it down? Just long enough for
folks to get started on building/selling clones, and then whammo - out
of business.

May not have been 12 months, but it wasn't very long at all!

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com