[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

dave venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 29 22:01:29 CST 2001

Does anyone have an external Scsi cable that would connect a Sun CD and a
LXen? Cheap?

Based on the sage advice given on this topic, I have "Slapped leather" on
the above mentioned pieces. I have high hopes of getting this outfit up and
using it to load OS software on my fleet of SS2s. Could a massively parallel
Grid Engine system be far behind?

I have a friend that works for HP support and the word on the street is that
XP = "job security". They are finding many problems. Not the least of which
is the fact that XP wants to take over every task it can. An example: the
built in
Twain imaging system. Works fine for the basics, just try and install the
dedicated scanner software that HP ships with it's scanners. No soup for
you!

Thanks in advance,

Dave