[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 02:06:11 CST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, dave venable wrote:

> Does anyone have an external Scsi cable that would connect a Sun CD and a
> LXen?  I have "Slapped leather" on the above mentioned pieces.

Yeah, an ``expense tow-rope'' is an *investment*... keep it handy for the
next time the car breaks down.

> I have high hopes of getting this outfit up and using it to load OS
> software on my fleet of SS2s.

Netbooting / Install is going to be far {easier,quickly,nicer}.  Actually
after re-reading `LXen', I suspect that this was your master plan anyway...

> I have a friend that works for HP support and the word on the street is that
> XP = "job security".

Does sending a five year-old out with a set of Pastel Crayons to doodle on
the screen count as chargable support?... if so how much could I make?

	-Paul