[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 16:10:43 CDT 2001

sp> don't have to climb back behind the rack everytime i
>> want a console on
>> something. :)

sp> can you say serial switch box (taking care of break of
sp> course) <grin>? but of course your zyplex will be much
sp> "neater".....

Lantronix print/terminal servers are also good for this.  I ran a 16
port one with telnet services (no ssh on those) that ran not only
router consoles but the serial consoles on the RAID boxes we had.

Was a PIA setting it up initially though...

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc