[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 12:20:16 CDT 2001

> > don't have to climb back behind the rack everytime i
> > want a console on
> > something. :)
>
> can you say serial switch box (taking care of break of
> course) <grin>? but of course your zyplex will be much
> "neater".....

well, the xyplex is neater, but also after i move i'm planning on this rack
of hardware in my office being somewhere else in another room.  i won't be
putting this heat generating monster in my next office.  it's LOUD too. :)

http://www.arkham.ws/~wonko/networking/tn/Network_Stack_1.jpg.html

that's just the top half, there is a sparc2 and a sparc10 under that sparc20
as well as soon to be a NetApp F330 as soon as i get it running.  so it's only
going to get louder and generate more heat.

-brian