[rescue] Re: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1297779086

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 22 12:07:00 CST 2001

Hey Bud,

> > These are HYPERSPARC modules, they ARE made by ROSS, they went into the
I am familiar with the SM100, as a matter of fact, I have run them Quad in
SS20's before...  They are NOT Hypersparcs.  They are a Cypress chip which
Ross put on board.

> > 630 through 670 series machines.
> > They were originally sold by ROSS as a ROSS HYPERSPARC Upgrade
These are not an Upgrade to anything.  Don't get me wrong,  They do the Job,
4x40 Mhz procs in a machine will do a LOT of small-task work, DNS, SaMBa.
sendmail... great for non-interactive/non-X stuff.  But Selling them as an
Upgrade borders (in my opinion) on being intentionally less-than-truthful.

> > We have sold over 20 of these kits, without ever having a problem (until
> > now) and we are tired of people who don't know what they are talking
> >about, email us and try to argue with us about this.
Maybe, if you are getting tired of the e-mails, it's time to review your ad
copy.  Maybe it's not the senders of the e-mail who "don't know what they are
talking about"

> > PLEASE for the purposes of education, find out about these before you
> argue.
Yes, PLEASE, I agree wholeheartedly.

George
> > Thank you.