[rescue] Re: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1297779086

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 21 23:07:30 CST 2001

too bad we cant get away with a non-recommended seller's list. damn
lawsuits ;)

i'm replying to all of the above for several reasons. number one, its only
polite to do so--people should get feedback, otherwise there is no
progress where things have gone wrong. second, because i have problems
with falseness on all levels.

as most of y'all are aware, i am not an admin for a company. i dont spend
my days slaving over machines like the majority of sunhelp's listmembers.
i'm your average housewife.

but even housewives know when someone's trying to sell eskimos ice. when i
read the auction listing, i was laughing in disbelief. i may only be a
housewife...but in four years i've managed to accrue enough knowledge just
living with an admin who collects elder machines to know that this item's
sales claims are false advertising at best.

mr bodo--

tonight your reply was forwarded to sunhelp.org's sunrescue mailing list.

this list--part and parcel of your potential sales market--is made up of
professional systems administrators, engineers, students, programmers,
developers, resellers, and observers. they have more experience with these
machines than you can shake a stick at. were i to give you advice, i'd
recommend to not question their knowledge lightly if at all. you may have
sold 20 kits to 20 ignorant people...but there are roughly 6000 people
here (about 1000 of which who either work for sun microsystems or who are
ex-ross employees) who can testify to the fact (not opinion, mind) that in
this instance, you are indeed very wrong about your product.

--a
p.s., it's "SMP" not "SNMP", baby.

<snip snip>