[rescue] FDDI cards

Michael Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 06:17:04 CST 2001

On 19 Nov 2001, at 17:00, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Anyone know if the DEFPA CDDI cards are supported in Solaris 8?  I've
> got a metric buttload of them and I'd like to use one in my U30
> desktop machine.
>
> If not, anyone got a Sol8 compatible CDDI card they'd like to part
> with?

You know in your heart you want fiber, not weenie copper. And you
know you want some shiny 370-2811s of which I have a couple still
left. More in tune with what you want, I don't think there are many
PCI CDDI cards what work with Sol8. It would probably be cheaper
to get a FDDI + CDDI/FDDI adapter. Syskonnect might have one
but I dunno for sure, NPI might also but their site is useless now
and it's hard to find info on their old stuff.

Getting more off topic, anyone know where to get VF-45 to SC fiber
cables? Ebay has none nor do any of my other sources.

Mike