[rescue] lanplex 2500 password reset

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 22:15:56 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:49:45AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> There are some other nasty pairs, but I can't remember them at the moment.
> I know the password for the diagonstic firmware, but I can't remember if
> you can reset the password through it.

tech/tech is just bogus.  I just found that out.  However, if instead of
entering read, write, or administer, you enter debug, then you can use the
synnet password (assuming it hasn't been changed).

> Other option: Pull the battery and short the battery holder's contacts.
> This will bring it back to factory mode.

I still might try that though to quickly get back to what should be the most
open state.

> If you find how to setup filters, let me know. I've got one of these
> beasties myself and I'd like to get 1 FDDI blade and 1 100Base-T blade for
> it.

Setting up filters is described in the LanPlex 2500 Administration Console User
Guide, found at: http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/switches/cb2500/family.htm

>From the help in that doc, I found that I don't actually have any filters set
up.  I'm now wondering if my problem might be that the switch is set to a 175.*
IP, and a 255.255.255.128 netmask, when the rest of the network is 192.168.0.*
and 255.255.255.0.  After figuring out how to reset that, if that doesn't work,
then I don't know what to try next.

--
Joshua D. Boyd