[rescue] lanplex 2500 password reset

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 21:49:45 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >From my stupid questions, it may be hard to believe, but I do try to find
> answers before posting.  And in this case, I did find those two l/p pairs.
>
> So, let me show you what happens:
> Select access level (read, write, administer): administer
> Password:
>
> I enter synnet (or tech) and I get: Incorrect password. -- Joshua D.
> Boyd _______________________________________________ rescue maillist -

There are some other nasty pairs, but I can't remember them at the moment.
I know the password for the diagonstic firmware, but I can't remember if
you can reset the password through it.

Other option: Pull the battery and short the battery holder's contacts.
This will bring it back to factory mode.

If you find how to setup filters, let me know. I've got one of these
beasties myself and I'd like to get 1 FDDI blade and 1 100Base-T blade for
it.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |